POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Attractor include and demo : Attractor include and demo Server Time
27 Apr 2024 02:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Attractor include and demo
From: Rob
Date: 20 Aug 2008 03:40:01
Message: <web.48abc76ea3f09002f9ab9d7a0@news.povray.org>
I've been spending the last couple of days messing around with fractals and
attractors, and have been working on an include file, which will hopefully
continue to grow. It contains macros for 5 attractors: clifford, peter de jong,
pickover, and two rather messy ones I created myself. The attached .zip contains
the include file, a demonstration, and a gif. I'd read the comments in the .inc
file before using it to understand the parameters.

one thing that should be noted is that it isn't very efficient, in fact, to run
some of the examples, I'd recommend at least 2GB ram, and linux (when I first
ran the clifford macro in XP(32bit) it took over 1hr, in fedora(64bit) it took
1:30 mins).

If anyone has any ideas for any other attractors, or a way to make things more
officiant, I'm all ears.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'attractors.zip' (372 KB)